DBS959/21 School Admin & Receptionist - Moorbridge
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/06/2021 12:00
£18,889.47 - £20,402.19 pa
Schools - Support
Moorbridge, Earsdon Road, Shiremoor, NE27 0HJ
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Moorbridge Pupil Referral Unit in Shiremoor for a polite, well-presented, confident, articulate person with a great sense of humour and a calm demeanour to join us as a School Receptionist as soon as possible. This post has arisen due to the expansion of the provision.
This is a key front of house position. We are looking for someone with exceptional interpersonal skills, used to working in a busy public facing environment, who can deliver a welcoming, professional and efficient reception service to visitors, staff, students and parents at Moorbridge PRU. This role is permanent and full time (37 hours a week, Monday to Friday: 8am-4pm) during school Term Time and all inset days. However we would consider a job share.
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to field all enquiries with speed, tact and efficiency, using initiative where appropriate
• Strong nurturing focus and a professional outlook
• The ability to multi-task and to re-prioritise workload at short notice
• Well-organised and capable of working independently
• Proven ability to deal diplomatically, sensitively and discreetly with people and information received.
• The ability to keep calm under pressure, whilst maintaining politeness and professionalism
• Good typing and administrative skills
• Competent in all aspects of ICT.
Previous work experience as a receptionist and/or in a public facing school role will be an advantage although transferable skills and personality are most important for this role.
Moorbridge PRU staff benefit from the following:-
• a highly nurturing environment;
• strong and supportive collegial relationships;
• the opportunity for professional growth and development;
• free on site car parking and easy access to local public transport;
• cycle to work scheme.
A Staff well-being survey in July 2020 revealed that these were some of the areas our staff considers are ‘outstanding’:
- Staff morale
- Job satisfaction,
- Opportunity for staff to offer ideas
- Opportunities for staff professional development
- Support from line managers,
- Appreciation of staff achievement/contribution,
- Induction of new staff
- Students' respect for staff/others.
Moorbridge PRU is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Moorbridge PRU is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Visits to Moorbridge PRU are welcomed and expected.
Please call Allison Maughan on 0191 6436188, Michael Tate on 0191 6436189 or Laura Lowden on 0191 6436170 to arrange a visit.
We look forward to meeting you.
Application forms/further details available from/return to
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications noon, 18th June 2021.
This job is closed for applications.