DT Technician - Hummersknott Academy
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/06/2021 08:30
£16,993 per annum (actual salary)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Schools - Support
Edinburgh Drive, Darlington, DL3 8AR
Tel: 01325 241191
Band 2 Scale point 4
Term time + 5 days
Do you have an interest in supporting and working alongside children and staff in an educational setting? We would love to hear from you.
Providing support with teaching, learning and administration across the full range of Design
Technology subjects, including Food Technology. The successful candidate must be able to provide technical support for all users in order to ensure that they can make optimum use of equipment.
We are ideally looking for someone who has:
• a practical mind with experience of confidently working with a range of tools and equipment
• a calm and patient nature with students
• experience of using IT
• the ability to handle and use hazardous equipment and tools or complete training in order to achieve this
• knowledge of health and safety in the workplace, including risk assessments
• the skills and/or willingness to learn to maintain and repair workshop/catering tools and
The successful candidate will be required to commence on 1 September 2021.
The Academy has an excellent reputation within the local community with strong support from Governors, Parents, Students and a highly motivated team of staff. Hummersknott is committed to all aspects of personal development, is inclusive and seeks to ensure every individual achieves.
The Board of Governors is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all
children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be
subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Interview date: 30 June 2021
Please download an application pack from our website
This job is closed for applications.