Health and Safety Advisor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/07/2021 23:59
£25,481 - £34,728 per annum (pro rata)
Health and Safety
Town Hall Darlington
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a passionate and motivated Health and Safety Advisor to join an experienced Health and Safety Team, providing high quality advice and guidance across all services within the Council, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Working as part of a small professional team you will ensure that the Council continues to meet its statutory obligations and support managers in fulfilling health and safety responsibilities.
Your main role will be providing advice and guidance, updating health & safety arrangements across the Council, assisting with risk assessments, investigating incidents, delivering training and undertaking appropriate monitoring.
The ideal individual for this post will have at least two years’ experience in advising on health and safety matters and the ability to work independently to support managers in identifying practical solutions to health and safety matters.
The work is varied and challenging; therefore you’ll need to be well organised, flexible and a strong team player. The successful candidate must also have good communication skills and the ability to build credible relationships with staff at all levels in the Council.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to work within a diverse multi-site and develop new skills in a friendly and supportive environment.
What’s in it for you?
The benefits of working for the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For an informal discussion, please contact Joanne Skelton, Health & Safety Manager, on 01325 406256 or email: email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.