Apprentice Customer Service Assistant (2 Positions)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Starting Salary £10,209. Fixed Term 15 Months
Job vacancy – Apprentice Customer Service Professional
Property and Asset – REF: P542527
• Job title: Apprentice Customer Service Professional
• Service area: Property and Asset
• Job ref: P542527
• Salary: from £10,209 (37 hours per week).
• Applicable to: External vacancy
• Closing date: Midnight on 5th July 2021
Gateshead Council is the largest social housing provider in Gateshead, and we are responsible for the day to day management of almost 20,000 homes.
We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service and we believe that the key to achieving this is to recruit enthusiastic, talented people with the right skills, knowledge, attitude and behaviour.
If you have or expect to get 5 GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 including Maths and English, then an apprenticeship with Gateshead Council could be for you.
We are currently recruiting for a customer service professional apprentice.
On our customer service professional apprenticeship you may cover the following: dealing with more complex or technical customer requests, complaints, and queries, an escalation point for complicated or ongoing customer problems. You may gather and analyse data and customer information that influences change and improvements in service. You will work with colleagues across Gateshead to apply the practical skills you will develop from attending college.
Benefits of working for us….
We know that we can’t achieve our vision without the right team of people.
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues, and to apply their skills effectively with commitment and enthusiasm. In return we do our best to make sure they are happy in their work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
If successful you will be able to take advantage of:
• A standard working week of 37 hours
• Fair rates of pay for all colleagues across the business (NJC Job Evaluation Scheme)
• 25 days annual leave on appointment, rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service (plus eight bank holidays)
• Local Government Pension Scheme (employee contribution incremental depending on salary, with an employer contribution of 17.9%)
• Training and personal development opportunities that enable colleagues to reach their full potential
• Access to occupational health services including, physiotherapy and counselling services
• A supportive working environment which promotes equality of or opportunity for all
So, what next…
• If you feel you meet the essential requirements of the role, then we can offer you the opportunity to gain fantastic exposure and build your profile with an organisation that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
• We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
• So, if we have captured your attention and sparked your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
The practical bit….
• Read the job profile and ensure you meet the essential requirements of the role. Remember in order to be short listed you need to ensure you evidence that you have met the essential criteria (minimum criteria). Ensure you provide examples where applicable.
• Complete our application form and return it by email or download and print it.
• Shortlisting will be by application, online interview for this vacancy.
Applications are to be returned by email or post no later than midnight on 5th July 2021 to
To download the application form and application guidance visit the Gateshead Council Jobshop at www.gateshead.gov.uk