Foster Carer for children who are unaccompanied asylum-seeking minors
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£361.59 - £398.92 per week, per child
Social Care - Children Service
Newcastle upon Tyne
THE ROLE: Newcastle City Council are looking to recruit people and families to the role of foster carer for children who are unaccompanied asylum-seeking minors. Providing foster care for an asylum-seeking child or young person requires cultural sensitivity and an understanding that they will likely face barriers other children in care do not face. Children will be over the age of 11 and more than likely in their early-mid teens.
We welcome enquiries from anyone who has the willingness and enthusiasm to change a child’s life for the better. We recruit suitable candidates from within a 50-mile radius of the city. Previous experience of working with children in any setting is advantageous but not essential.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU: At Newcastle City Council, we appreciate the challenges around foster care, but with the right support and dedicated team around you, together we can make an extraordinary difference to the lives of children. That's why we offer the following support to our carers:
• 24/7 Telephone Support - there is always a duty team to contact, day or night, including a support and advice service offered by a team of experienced carers
• Your own experienced Supervising Social Worker who will be your first point of contact once approved and will conduct regular supervisions. The child has their own social worker
• A generous fee and a substantial allowance for the child & car mileage
• A comprehensive training package & professional developmental opportunity
• 28 days respite care
• A community of foster carers who can support and advocate for you, as well as regular opportunities to attend foster carer support sessions hosted by a team manager
• F.U.N (Fostering Under Newcastle) is a dedicated foster carer charity, run by foster carers. They provide a calendar of engagement activities for you to enjoy
As well as this, should the child or young person have additional health, educational or social needs, there's support from other specialised areas like education and health. We do all we can to help you care.
Find out more at https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/fosteringadoption/unaccompanied-asylum-seeking-children
Think you could Foster? Contact us:
T: 0191 277 2430