Teaching & Learning Support Assistant - Albany Village Primary School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 2 - SCP 5-6 (£19,312 - £19,698) pro rata term time only
Schools - Support
Albany Village Primary School
ALBANY VILLAGE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Crossgill, Albany Village, Washington NE37 1UA
Tel: 0191 4155 700
Teaching & Learning Support Assistant
Required from 1st November 2021 until 22nd July 2022
Grade 2 - SCP 5-6 (£19,312 - £19,698) pro rata term time only (39 weeks pro rata and 37 hours per week worked)
The Head Teacher and Governing Body wish to appoint a committed, flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated person to join our inclusive and friendly school. You will be required to work as part of a dedicated team alongside teachers in supporting the teaching and learning and individual needs of pupils. This post is not open to job share.
• Have a keen interest in meeting the diverse needs of our pupils.
• Have the desire to want the best for all children and be involved in the full life of the school.
• Support the Class Teacher in delivering teaching and learning opportunities within the whole class setting and in small groups.
• Have the belief that teaching should be fully inclusive and recognise the uniqueness of every child.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be dedicated to continual professional development.
An enhanced DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service, Pre-Occupational Health Check and completed Disqualification by Association Declaration are an essential part of the selection and recruitment process. Albany Village Primary School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
The post holder must:-
• Act in compliance with the data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the school.
• Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to
management of school records and information.
• Carry out their duties with full regard to the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and all other school policies.
• Comply with the school’s Health and Safety Policy and Health and Safety Legislation.
Application forms and further details are available electronically by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed application forms should be returned for the attention of Mrs Wears at email@example.com or to the postal address above.
Visits to school (subject to COVID guidance) is 4.00pm on Thursday, 9th September 2021, by appointment only (please contact the School Office on Tuesday, 7th September 2021, to request a visit).
Closing date for applications: 4.00pm - Monday, 13th September 2021
Date for Shortlisting: Tuesday, 14th September 2021
Date of Interviews: Tuesday, 21st September 2021