Playleader - Whinfield Primary School
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£7,525.12 per annum (£9.62 per hour) Band 1 (SCP 3)
Schools - Support
Required from: 1st October 2021 or as soon as possible
Hours of work: This role will be 7.5 hours at Lunchtime between the hours of 11.00am – 1.45pm depending on which year group you are required to work with.
We are seeking to a playleader who can work flexibly across the school.
Our Playleaders are responsible for assisting with the care and welfare of pupils within the school during Breakfast and Afterschool Childcare as well as lunchtime periods reporting to the Senior Play Leader.
This post will initially be for Lunchtime only however additional hours are often available to cover breakfast and after school childcare :
7.45am – 9.15am.
11.30am – 1.30pm.
2.45pm and 6.15pm.
We are looking for team members who are self-motivated, willing to learn and meet the high standards and flexibility expected from all Whinfield staff. Our team take great pride in their work and understands the vital contribution they make to the school and the children’s learning environment.
If you have the right blend of experience and want to join a vibrant and energetic team then we would like to hear from you.
Whinfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, including a self-disclosure form, references will be sought and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.
We are looking for an outstanding playleader who:
• Is professional in the way they work.
• Engages the children in fun activities and plays exciting games with them.
• Is willing to get involved with the whole school community.
• Is proactive and uses their initiative.
• Is enthusiastic, friendly, and approachable.
• Is caring with the children and supportive to colleagues.
• Takes pride in the school environment.
• Who makes the children want to come to school everyday.
• Has good written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of working with a wide range of people.
• A clear vision and understanding of the needs of a school.
• Has the ability to interpret data and can use the COSHH risk assessments.
• Is flexible and adaptable in their approach.
• Works well as part of a team.
• Supports the wider aspects of school life e.g. school clubs and events.
• Has ideas and, very importantly, a good sense of humour!
In return we can offer:
• A diverse and vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging children.
• A positive, caring ethos and culture.
• A forward thinking school.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly colleagues.
• A supportive and effective governing body.
• High quality professional development opportunities and experience.
• Free uniform.
• Local Government Pension Scheme (school contributes).
• Childcare Voucher Scheme (Darlington Borough Council).
• Onsite breakfast and after school childcare for working parents.
• Bike to Work Scheme (Darlington Borough Council).
• Secure cycle storage.
• Free car parking.
• Free wellbeing app, support and medical treatment (*exclusions apply).
Further details and an application form are available from the School website, www.whinfield.net Application forms must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whinfield Primary School, Augusta Close, Darlington, DL1 3HT.