Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/07/2021 09:00
Schools - Support
Tudhoe Moor Nursery School
Early Years Level 3 Apprentice
£4.30 per hour
Required from 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2023
30 hours per week (with 20% dedicated to training)
Two year programme with Adult Learning and Skills Service.
The governing body is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic apprentice teaching assistant who will make a significant contribution to the life of the school, following and promoting our school ethos. They will embark on a programme of apprenticeship training alongside the Adult Learning and Skills Service (ALSS) who will work with Tudhoe Moor Nursery School to deliver the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Tudhoe Moor are committed to ensuring the apprentice TA will work in our Early Years Foundation Stage Unit, for 30 hours a week, with 20% training time to be delivered in-house.
We are seeking to appoint an apprentice who:
• would like to gain a thorough knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
• would help to create stimulating learning environments, both indoor and outdoor
• will understand the value of play and how to facilitate this between children in the Early Years
• can demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and can model effective methodology and practice in order to support and inspire pupils’ learning
• is able to utilise technology effectively to help further pupils’ learning and to support EY curriculum delivery
• is committed to promoting high standards of care and education
• can maintain confidentiality and discretion and has a good understanding of safeguarding procedures
• is conscientious and demonstrates a commitment to their professional development.
We are really looking to appoint someone who is passionate about early years education and would like to work in a vibrant and forward-thinking early years setting. The apprentice appointed will work alongside a small team to support the planning, observation and extension of children's learning.
We can offer:
• lively and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
• extensive support and opportunities for professional development in a range of areas
• access to experienced staff who can support your ongoing development throughout the apprenticeship programme
• support to develop your apprenticeship portfolio as you move towards the assessment gateway (after approximately two years of learning).
The Governing Body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Closing date: Friday 30th July 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Friday 6th August 2021
Tudhoe Moor Nursery School
Tel: 01388 816 112
This job is closed for applications.