DBS4331 Business Compliance Apprentice
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/07/2021 23:59
Any location within North Tyneside
An opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to train to become a Regulatory Compliance Officer over a 24 month fixed term period within the Trading Standards Team.
• Undertake Level 4 Regulatory Compliance apprenticeship training and development, to gain and apply a working knowledge of Trading Standards legislation, developing skills and competencies to enable effective enforcement and investigation.
• Participate in the development, planning and delivery of enforcement projects.
• Support investigations and enforcement activities, including carrying out PACE interviews, preparing notes, statements and prosecution reports.
• Working collaboratively with other enforcement agencies (such as the Police, VOSA, DEFRA,).
• Carry out visits to businesses to ensure compliance with legislation, provide advice and decide on the most appropriate remedy for non-compliances at the time of visit.
• Responsible for liaising with members of the public and complainants to gather intelligence and provide updates on progress made with enquiries and complaints.
• Support a range of enforcement activities as part of a team (e.g. ‘test purchasing’ operations of age restricted products, licensing inspections), to deliver Trading Standards enforcement priorities.
You will be part of a team and work to provide valuable support to the residents and businesses of North Tyneside.
The post holder should be prepared to work flexible hours to allow for planned evening or weekend work.
If you think you have the ambition and positive attitude required then we would like to hear from you.
The Public Protection Service is managed via a partnership with Capita and this post is a Council post seconded to Capita.
For an informal discussion please contact Dave Hedley, Senior Trading Standards Officer on 0191 6436623 or via email at email@example.com.
Please be advised that this position will require a Standard check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.