Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/07/2021 23:59
£33,782 - £37,890 p.a. (Grade 11)
You will be based at Broom Cottages, Ferryhill - however you may be required to work at any DCC council office and you may be required to visit private homes.
Children & Young People’s Services
SEND & Inclusion
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/21/372A
Post title: SEND Casework Manager – one full time, permanent posts available
Salary: £33,782 - £37,890 Grade 11
Job Location: You will be based at Broom Cottages, Ferryhill - however you may be required to work at any DCC council office and you may be required to visit private homes.
We are seeking to appoint a SEND Casework Manager to join the team responsible for facilitating the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to ensure all children and young people with special educational needs are able to access the best possible education provision, experience positive progress and achievement, reach good educational outcomes and are prepared for adulthood.
The central responsibilities of the SEND Casework Team include:
• Facilitating the statutory assessment processes of the special educational needs of children and young people
• Producing high quality Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) to support the identified special educational needs for individual children and young people
• Co-ordinating appropriate pathways for children and young people with an EHCP as they transition through education and learning
• Monitoring the effective use of funding provided to meet the needs of identified children and young people
• Ensuring preparation for adulthood outcomes are integral in EHCP statutory processes for children and young people to ensure education and training prepare them for independence
• Liaising with other services to ensure continued provision into adult services where appropriate
We are recruiting for a Casework Manager who has:
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of Special Educational Needs through 0-25 years
• Excellent understanding of SEND, Looked After and vulnerable children outcomes and planning that prepares children and young people for adulthood
• Strong communication and negotiation/influencing skills
• Extensive practice experience of multi-disciplinary casework in Education, health or social care children and young people casework teams.
• A degree or equivalent qualification
• An ability to motivate and support staff/teams to achieve results.
The SEND, LAC & Vulnerable Groups Casework Team is responsible for ensuring that the Local Authority’s statutory responsibilities under the 2014 Children and Families Act, the Children Act 2004 and related legislation are effectively discharged. The post holder will work in partnership across the Local Area with education, health and care colleagues across the 0-25 year age range. They will support an identified team of Caseworkers whilst holding a caseload themselves.
Required qualifications: Degree or equivalent Level 6 qualification.
Further details about the post, as well as the essential and desirable criteria can be found on the job description and person specification.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information please contact:
Sam Black, SEND and Inclusion Service Manager
07825 422489 - Mobile
Teri Corsan Bland, SEND and Inclusion Service Manager
03000 266785 - Direct Line
07880 044616 – Mobile
Clive Horton, SEND and Inclusion Service Manager
03000 267749 – Direct Line
07717 815200 - Mobile
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the jobs portal or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team on 03000 264469 / 264086 or via e-mail at PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.