Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/07/2021 23:59
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Field Officer - Tyne Riverside Country Park, Prudhoe
Permanent, Full Time.
Closing date 29th July 2021 at midnight
Interviews will be held 6th August 2021
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate. For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Northumberland County Council’s Countryside and Green Spaces Team currently operates three Field Teams which carry out practical management work on public rights of way and at Country Parks and other Green Spaces.
You will be based at Tyne Riverside Country Park, Prudhoe and under the direction of the Project Officer, you will lead a two person Field Team carrying out estate management work predominantly in south west Northumberland.
Whilst directing the Field Assistant, you must carry out requested works safely, efficiently and effectively, keeping clear and accurate written records.
You will be expected to work closely with staff from other Council departments and frequently come into contact with members of the public, particularly landowners and farmers so the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £22,183 (Band 5)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Opportunities for job specific training and qualifications
- At least three years experience in landscaping, building or construction trades, including significant supervisory experience
- Practical estate management skills in: the construction and erection of gates, stiles and fencing: bridge construction, path surfacing, drainage installation; vegetation control using hand and power tools, and chemical controls; general landscaping and building maintenance
- A thorough knowledge of relevant Health and Safety procedures
- Able to follow agreed working procedures including the interpretation and implementation of risk assessments
- Ability to read and interpret maps and use a compass to navigate and confirm a location
- Willing and able to work alone and unsupervised in the outdoors
- Able to work on own initiative in the solving of problems
- Able to drive four-wheel drive vehicles, often towing trailers, both on-road and off-road
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job in terms of lifting, carrying tools and timber significant distances over rough ground (on occasions in excess of 1 mile)
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Mike Carr 07774 715713 for an informal discussion
For a copy of the job description/person specification please see the supporting documents.
Please note that this is a full time position but applications on a secondment or part time basis would be considered for the right applicant. For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council Website.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored in the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please also let the team know.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, your application process will be directed to our Taleo system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with Taleo, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘email@example.com’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.