Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 9 £28,672 - £32,234
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location.
Children & Young People’s Services
Early Help Inclusion and Vulnerable Children
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/21/350
Post title: Key Worker – various posts available. Full and part time – permanent, temporary and maternity cover
Salary: £28,672 - £32,234 Grade 9 (pro-rata to hours worked if applicable)
Job Location: an approved team location, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
The Key Workers will be responsible for a caseload of families who are in need of early help and are facing multiple and complex needs at level 3 on Durham’s continuum of need. The post holder will carry out proportionate, single whole family assessments, plan and deliver interventions, monitor and review outcomes to enable these families to make significant and sustainable changes that will impact positively upon themselves and their children.
Duties of the post include:
• Acting as Lead Professional for children, young people and their families in need of early help facing a range of multiple and complex needs;
• Balancing a caseload and ensuring that all assessments, plans, reviews and reports are carried out within One Point Operating Procedures;
• Escalate complex and contentious care management issues so that positive and timely action can be taken to address risk and need;
• Co-ordinate the undertaking of proportionate whole family multi agency single assessments in partnership with families and key partner organisations; analyse need and risk within timescales;
• Co construct outcome focused family plans using solution focused, strength based methods, in partnership with children, young people and their families/carers within timescales and empower families to make long term sustained change.
• Professional qualification in a relevant field such as Health, Social Care, Education, Housing etc. (BA Hons SW, Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, i.e. CQSW, CSS or Dip SW with GSCC registration, RN or Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD), Qualified Teacher Status, or equivalent)
• Degree Qualification in relevant subject.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Kate Hughes on 03000 264762 or Gill Davidson 03000 269834.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on 12th/13th August 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.