Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/09/2021 12:00
£20,493 - £22,183 (Currently undertaking a job evaluation process)
Ryton, Tyne and Wear
Post: ICT Technician
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Type: Whole time, 37 hours per week
Base: Thorp Academy, Main Road, Ryton, NE40 3AH
Salary range: SCP 8-12 (£20,493 - £22,183)
(Currently undertaking a job evaluation process)
Areas of work: Regular travel across the region may be necessary
Closing date: 16th September 2021 at 12pm, noon
Northern Education Trust is a multi-academy trust with an excellent reputation nationally of improving student’s life chances. We sponsor 21 academies, 11 secondary and 10 primaries across the North of England, from Blyth to Bolton.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible ICT Technician to join our existing ICT support team immediately.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of general hardware and software as well as being highly organised and having excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of team is essential and experience of working in an ICT support role or similar would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a dedicated team of staff and relate to a wide range of staff and students within the Academy. Northern Education Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check. We expect all adults who work for the Trust to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our students.
To support the provision of high quality and professional ICT support service to all staff and students within the Academy.
• To provide first line ICT support to staff and students within the Academy;
• To assist with the maintenance of all ICT rooms and equipment throughout the Academy and ensuring that the ICT software/hardware inventories are up to date;
• Manage own workload through the allocation of calls via the Helpdesk;
• Assist with the general technical support of the ICT department;
• Support with the evaluation of new and existing software;
• Assist in the development of recording systems for ICT usage throughout the department;
• Assist in providing technical support for staff presentations;
• Commission, maintain, test and repair electronic/computer systems, associated peripherals and AV equipment ensuring this equipment complies to Health and Safety legislation;
• Assist the relevant Managers with Portable Appliance Testing ensuring health and safety legislation is followed;
• Actively ensure continuous professional development is addressed through accessing appropriate development opportunities and to share learning with others;
• To comply with Trust policies and procedures at all times.
All staff of the Northern Education Trust will abide by the One Academy Rule: ‘All students and adults are expected to behave in a responsible manner both to themselves and others, showing consideration, courtesy and respect for other people at all times’.
NET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check. Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified and the post holder may reasonably be expected to undertake other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility that may be allocated from time to time.
For further information, please download an application pack from https://www.northerneducationtrust.org/job/ict-technician/ or contact Andy Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packs are also available to download from the Supporting Documents section of this page.
Please note that all completed applications, along with recruitment monitoring forms, must be returned to Andy by email.
The deadline for applications is 16th September 2021 at 12pm, noon
We reserve the right to close the advert early should there be a high volume of applications received.
This job is closed for applications.