Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/09/2021 23:59
£25,481 - £27,741 per annum
Car Mileage Allowance
Town Hall, Darlington
This is a vacancy for two full-time posts, fixed term for 3 years.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to contribute towards Darlington Borough Council's commitment to resettling and supporting refugees in Darlington.
We are looking for a dynamic team player, who is a great communicator and is able to represent the authority with a range of internal and external partners. You will be a key contact within Housing Services, with a commitment to delivering a high performing service.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate emotional intelligence in dealing with the needs of customers. You must be passionate about working with vulnerable customers to improve their lives. Have good IT skills, be diplomatic, non judgmental and be able to work collaboratively with a wide range of groups to achieve best practice outcomes for customers. You will be required to work flexibly across the Town, including carrying out home visits.
You must demonstrate the ability to work in challenging and changing environments.
You will ideally have experience within a housing and/ or support environment. With a customer focus and a drive for excellence, you will be a self-starter, able to use initiative to deliver a positive outcome.
If you are interested in joining the team and are committed to delivering the council’s ambition for a great place to live, work and visit we look forward to hearing from you.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
Please see Job Description and Person Specification for further information. If you would like more information, please contact Lyndsey Robinson, Housing Tenancy Management Team Leader on 01325 405951.
Please be advised that this position will require an Enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job is closed for applications.