Deputy Short Breaks Centre Manager
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/09/2021 23:59
Hours per week:
Social Care - Children Service
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is an ambitious organisation, we are always striving to offer even better services to give our children and young people memorable experiences and the highest quality of care.
There is an opportunity to become a Deputy Manager at Hartburn Lodge Short Breaks Centre. We provide short breaks for young people with complex challenging behaviour, physical and learning disabilities and complex health needs.
We have been in a time of transition which has included the merging of the local authority’s short breaks services. We are now ready to progress to the next level with a clear ambition of providing an outstanding service to the young people and families in our Borough.
We are looking for a Deputy Manager who is…
• Committed and compassionate
• Use restorative and attachment based approaches to support and develop our young people.
• Enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
• Available to work occasionally on an evening and the weekend.
• Work in an environment where team values are at the ‘core’ of the service we provide.
• Able to deputise for the Registered Manager.
• Supervise colleagues to ensure knowledge and skills are applied to practice.
In return we will offer…
• An new, exciting and rewarding role.
• Support and training, including direct training from Trauma and Attachment Informed Practitioners.
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• 26 - 31 days holiday (depending on service), plus 8 public bank holidays (in lieu).
• Free physiotherapy and counselling support.
• Additional annual leave purchase scheme.
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Tees Active Leisure Card giving discounts on leisure activities.
• Bus and train discounts
• Car lease scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
Please ensure you refer to the Job Description and the essential and desirable criteria in the Person Specification when completing the Personal Statement on the application form, as this information is used to select candidates for interview.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ailisa Williams, Short Breaks Centre Manager on 01642 527996 or email: email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.