Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£17,648 Term Time (£20,092 - £21,748 FTE)
Band 4 (£20,092 - £21,748 Full Year) *pro rata to term time
37 hrs *Term Time plus 5 days
Fixed Term Contract
Immediate Start or as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, suitably experienced and qualified individual to join a strong team of teachers and pastoral leads who work collaboratively to raise standards and expectations at all levels throughout Key Stage 3, 4 and 5.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide supervision of whole classes during short-term absence of teaching staff in all subject areas, ensuring continuity of learning for all students in accordance with school policy; managing the behaviour of students to ensure a constructive learning environment.
• To work with students, under the direction of the Deputy Head to supervise the internal exclusion room in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy ensuring students have appropriate and challenging work set.
• Complement the professional work of the pastoral team by undertaking specific tasks delegated to support the well-being and personal development of students while maintaining a calm, clear and disciplined approach to dealing with young people.
• Able to demonstrate that they have highly developed negotiation and persuasive skills and an understanding of how students learn and the potential barriers to learning.
• Be flexible in their approach, a good listener and communicator, have positive attitudes to young people and good organisational skills.
• The Cover Supervisor will also support the coordination and administration of the cover procedure for absences and organise suitable cover arrangements (using SIMS Cover)
Please note: Work pattern will be between 7am – 4pm
The post would be suitable for someone who is already qualified to Level 3 or is working towards or a newly qualified teacher who wishes to gain more experience within an education environment or a qualified teacher who is looking for a new challenge. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive environment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
An application pack, including an application form, is available to download from the vacancy section on the school’s website www.berwickacademy.co.uk
If you would like further information please contact Fiona Hall, Business Manager Tel: 01289 333929
Completed application forms should be returned to the school by noon on 23rd September 2021 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the school address Interview date: w/c 27th September 2021
Further information about the school can be found on our website: www.berwickacademy.co.uk