DBS1068/21 Administration Manager - Burnside College
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/09/2021 09:00
£27,741 - £31,346 pa
Schools - Support
Burnside College, St Peter’s Road, Wallsend, NE28 8TZ
The college is seeking to appoint an experienced Administration Manager to oversee the efficient running of the administration function including a busy reception desk.
This role would suit a highly motivated person who is skilled at managing a diverse and busy workload. The core purpose of the role is to uphold our fundamental standards of pride, respect and achievement with all stakeholders and in doing so will ensure high standards of administrative support is available.
The Administration Manager will be responsible for:
• Line managing a team of Administration Assistants, coordinating workflow, staff deployment and ensuring professional development which ensures a consistently high standard of practice
• Ensuring high levels of communication with parents and other stakeholders
• Ensuring that information coming into the school is handled promptly and appropriately
• Building positive relationships with students, parents and carers through our reception service
• Managing a large and varied workload to ensure that requests for administrative support can be met
• Managing daily cover arrangements, identifying effective solutions, liaising with supply agencies and planning ahead for known events that require cover
• Recording staff absence and producing absence data for the Head Teacher and governors
• Booking and maintaining records of courses attended and CPD events
• Completion of administrative tasks relating to the recruitment process
• Making changes to staff and student timetables through SIMS and NovaT
This post is a 52/52 contract as it will require some work outside normal school hours and
during school holiday periods. This will be planned as far as possible in advance and will
allow all personal holidays to be taken during school holiday periods.
The Administration Manager is required to start work at 7.30am to deal with staff absence
and ensure cover arrangements are put in place.
Application forms/further details available from/return to
Burnside College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
This job is closed for applications.