Specialist Social Worker (Multi-agency Team)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/05/2022 12:00
Social Care - Children Service
Intervention Safeguarding Intervention Team (ISIT), Town Hall and Civic Offices
Specialist Social Worker (Multi-agency Team)
Support and inspire change to make a difference for children and families in South Tyneside.
100% of Social Workers reported they would recommend working for South Tyneside to a friend (Local Government Associate Social Work Health Check survey, 2021)
In South Tyneside, our children and families are at the forefront of everything we do. We want every child and family to feel supported in times of need and empowered to make the right decisions; we are committed to making a difference. We take pride in our social work teams, where staff are valued, supported, and trusted to drive this vision forward.
We are excited to expand our initial response to children and their families and are looking for a specialist social worker to join us on our journey.
We believe our Strength Based Framework creates the best foundations for social work to flourish, working collaboratively with families to build trusting and respectful relationships with social workers to reflect on, and build upon our five core strengths:
As a Social Worker, you will often be faced with tough decisions, and we have created an ‘’owned by all’’ culture whereby our Senior Leadership Team are very much in touch with frontline practice, enabling practitioners to feel safe and confident in their decision-making, whilst also having the space to think independently.
The wellbeing and development of our workforce is our highest priority, and Ofsted have told us that ‘’senior leaders have ensured that staff development and support has been prioritised effectively, and staff morale is good’’.
Who are we looking for?
The ISIT service brings together professionals from a range of services that have contact with children, young people and families, making the best possible use of their combined knowledge to keep children and young people safe from harm.
ISIT’s job is to team ensure children get the right service at the right time through an integrated approach from early help and social work. Our local strengths based approach leads to families getting a speedy appropriate response.
The specialist social worker supports our social work response that sees families getting being supported at the right level. The creation of this new role with a specific decision making focus, is expected to continue our drive in the improvement in practice. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with partner agencies to analyse shared information to inform our response to families as well as supporting the management team in service development. This is a specialist role and there is an expectation the successful candidate will have completed their progression portfolio or be able to demonstrate that they are able to start this process.
As a valued member of South Tyneside Council, you will also have access to our excellent benefits package, including:
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• A flexible hybrid working model, with a blend of office and home working.
• A generous 25 days annual leave entitlement, which increases to 30 days following 5 years’ service, plus all bank holidays.
• Use of the flexi system which allows employees to build hours and claim time back when suitable.
• Sick pay entitlement, which increases with length of service.
• Our ‘stuck not sick policy’ recognising that employees, on occasion, may need to take time away from the office. It enables employees to agree how time will be repaid with managers, rather than taking sick leave.
• Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
• Our lease car staff benefit scheme is a cost-effective way to lease a brand-new car via salary sacrifice with no deposit or credit checks.
• Our home technology staff benefit scheme is a home electronics salary sacrifice scheme which allows you to save money on home technology and spread the cost, with no deposits or hidden payments.
• Our Cycle to Work scheme offers a network of routes that include off-road and traffic-free routes to help you cycle to work safely and keep fit.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Rachael MacLennan on
Rachael.MacLennan@southtyneside.gov.uk or (0191) 424 4613.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Closing date extended to: Noon, Monday 23 May 2022
Interview dates are to be arranged.
This job is closed for applications.