DBS0042 Freelance role self employed Coaches
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Rates for delivery are from £20.00 per hour depending on activity required and qualifications.
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Any location within North Tyneside
The Sport and Leisure Service at North Tyneside Council recruiting new self-employed physical activity coaches to deliver activities for children across the service. The age range is from toddlers to teenagers. You must be qualified at least as a level 2 multi skills coach and be able to deliver a group activity independently or assist delivery. Sessions take place across leisure venues in North Tyneside including, The Parks Sports Centre, (North Shields) The Lakeside Centre, (Killingworth) and Hadrian Leisure Centre (Wallsend), although delivery is not restricted to these sites and could be in a more community-based venues.
• You must have a proven track record of physical activity delivery with young people.
• You should have great communication skills and group control, the ability to dynamically risk assess surroundings and deliver activities safely and effectively.
• We are looking for coaches to deliver fundamental motor skills through group play and physical activity to little ones, right though to multi skills for 8 years plus and even potentially group exercise for teenagers.
• Candidates must have a minimum of a Level 2 coaching award in the sport you would be responsible for delivering (please list your National Governing Body qualifications in your CV). We are particularly interested to hear from candidates who hold a Level 2 multi-sports coaching award and candidates who hold a trampoline qualification.
• Most of all, you must be able to engage with young people at their level and make physical activity fun.
• The session delivery times / days will vary, however, early evenings after school between 4 and 7pm are a priority. Day times potentially also for toddlers and preschool interventions, weekends for activities ie parties and school holidays for holiday activities.
• You must have enhanced DBS clearance and will need to provide direct evidence of certification within the last year. Evidence of safeguarding training would also be desirable although North Tyneside Council will also offer e-learning to support this.
• Rates for delivery are from £20.00 per hour depending on activity required and qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please e-mail your CV to email@example.com along with copies of your certificates. Suitable applicants will be asked to practically demonstrate their skills as part of a session delivery.
If you would like any further information, please contact Brandy Riches, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.