Hartlepool is a vibrant and energetic town with growing prospects. As an authority we want to make Hartlepool the best it possibly can be and want dedicated, driven and committed staff to help us achieve that. Children’s and Joint Commissioning Services have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Children’s Residential Team as a Deputy Manager.
This is an exciting time to be part of the management team working across 2 solo children’s home. The aim of the homes is to provide high quality care for children aged 11 to 18 years who are looked after by the Local Authority and provide a safe and secure environment
You will hold Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare or equivalent Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children and Young Peoples Residential Care or have the ability and commitment to complete this award within 18 months of appointment
We are looking for a Deputy Manager who is
· Committed and compassionate
· Can use attachment based approaches to support and develop our young people
· Have a flexible approach to their work
· Available to be part of a working rota which will include evening, weekends and sleepovers.
· Work in an environment where team values are at the ‘core’ of the service we provide.
· Able to deputise for the Registered Manager.
· Supervise Residential Social Care Officers to ensure knowledge and skills are applied to practice.
Hartlepool Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring check.
For an informal discussion contact Emma McHale on 01429 284867
Closing date: 18th October 2023, midnight