Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/11/2023 23:59
£24,294 - £24,702 per annum
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
The Council is seeking to appoint a Finance Assistant, to work within a team which provides financial support and advice to the diverse services within the Council and Schools throughout the Borough.
You should have approximately 1 year’s experience of working in a finance role and be able to work under pressure, organise your own work and plan tasks to meet deadlines.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 32 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
For the full range of benefits we offer, please see our Why work for us internet page, which also includes our Total Reward Booklet and Employee Benefit Video.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification in the Vacancy Information document.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Claire Hayes on (01325) 405404 or Steve Wake on (01325) 405424
This job is closed for applications.