Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 2 £20,487 - £21,177 (Actual)
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Diamond Hall Junior Academy is part of the North East Learning Trust and is seeking to appoint an positive and engaging Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team.
Diamond Hall Junior Academy is a positive and happy school where the development of the whole child is paramount. As a team, we ensure children are given every opportunity to thrive in an environment of high aspirations, care and mutual respect. Their work is valued and celebrated and all children, regardless of their abilities are of equal worth.
Come and join our team to support the learning and teaching of our children, encouraging development, inclusion and fun in their everyday school life. Make a difference to each and every child.
Our vision, along with all schools in the Trust, is that every child experiences excellence every day.
We are committed to:
• A vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging students
• A positive and caring ethos
• An excellent learning environment and resources
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued
• A supportive and effective governing body
We can offer:
• National Terms and Conditions of Employment (NJC Green Book)
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Up to 1 day paid leave for staff wellbeing
• Lifestyle Savings – range of discounts from top retail brands
• Discounted gym membership
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing portal
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
• Have evidence of specialism in specific curriculum areas or areas of learning difficulty.
• Have knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum.
• Have a knowledge of behaviour management techniques that support school and classroom practices.
Closing Date: Tuesday 9th January 2024 (9.00am)
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from our website. Please return completed application forms to email@example.com or post to Diamond Hall Junior Academy, Well Street, Sunderland, SR4 6JF.
You can, if you wish, submit a covering letter to support your application; please do not submit a CV unless it is to complement your application form.
Previous applicants need not apply.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks. All pre-employment checks are in line with "Keeping Children Safe in Education” and the Trust’s Safeguarding Policy which is available on our website