Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Actual salary £15,921 per annum (£22,737 FTE)
Catering / Cleaning
Diamond Hall Junior Academy is part of the North East Learning Trust and is seeking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join their dedicated team.
Diamond Hall Junior Academy is a positive and happy school where the development of the whole child is paramount. As a team, we ensure children are given every opportunity to thrive in an environment of high aspirations, care and mutual respect. Their work is valued and celebrated and all children, regardless of their abilities are of equal worth.
Come and join our catering team to support the Chef run a smooth operation in the school kitchen. You will be involved in cooking, preparing and serving meals to our children, as well as keeping the dining/kitchen area clean and tidy.
Our vision, along with all schools in the Trust, is that every child experiences excellence every day.
We are committed to:
• A vibrant learning community with enthusiastic and engaging students
• A positive and caring ethos
• An excellent learning environment and resources
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued
• A supportive and effective governing body
We can offer:
• National Terms and Conditions of Employment (NJC Green Book)
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Up to 1 day paid leave for staff wellbeing
• Lifestyle Savings – range of discounts from top retail brands
• Discounted gym membership
• 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing portal
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working in a catering environment
• Have knowledge of health and safety in a catering environment
• Have good organisational skills
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have a flexible approach to work
Closing Date: Monday 11th December 2023 (9.00am)
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from our website. Please return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Diamond Hall Junior Academy, Well Street, Sunderland, SR4 6JF. You can, if you wish, submit a covering letter to support your application; please do not submit a CV unless it is to complement your application form.
Previous applicants need not apply.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to receipt of satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks. All pre-employment checks are in line with "Keeping Children Safe in Education” and the Trust’s Safeguarding Policy which is available on our website