Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 22:59
£26,873 - £28,770 per annum
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Newcastle upon Tyne
Fixed Term up to 12 Months
Do you have a keen eye for detail? Are you customer focused and have a talent for problem solving? We want you to help us make Newcastle a great place to work, visit and live in.
What the role will involve?
To help us improve the lives of all who live, work, and visit the City, we need you to be able to critically assess evidence and grant applications to determine whether vehicles are eligible for a Clean Air Zone Grant. And, no matter what the call or email, your personal dedication to the customer will ensure they have the right outcome, every time. You'll be working in a fast-paced environment, as part of a new team that will work collaboratively and who will embody the values of the organisation.
You will be integral in making a positive impact to the city by supporting drivers to upgrade their vehicles through the Clean Air Zone Grant scheme. This is a truly exciting, unique opportunity for the right individual.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a real team player, someone who has a keen eye for detail, and good analytical skills. Someone who is curious and will use this curiosity to forensically examine applications to make decisions in an impartial manner.
You will be a confident decision maker and will be able give clear explanations of complex information, both verbally and in writing to our applicants and residents.
You will be someone who is self-motivated and well organised to be able to prioritise and manage your own workload and achieve results, within tight deadlines and in a target driven environment.
If you’re looking for a rewarding, varied and complex role where no two days will be the same then this could be the role for you.
Everyone who works within one of our valuable public services makes an important contribution to delivering our vision and priorities of the city. How we do things is as important as what we do. In everything we do we strive to embed and live the Councils values
Newcastle is an ambitious City; it always has been. Its’ an iconic City with a rich heritage but one that also shapes the future of the region.
Here at Newcastle City Council, we have a real passion to improve the lives of residents and visitors in the City through the wide variety of essential public services we deliver and the relationships we influence. From our City leaders, to every member of our team, we’re all committed to making Newcastle a City that is vibrant and thriving.
What can we offer you?
If a competitive salary and pension with the option to opt in to an AVC scheme wasn’t enough you will also have
• A generous annual leave allowance including the option to buy additional annual leave.
• Access to family friendly policies including maternity and adoption leave, maternity support leave, paternity leave, shared parental leave, special leave, leave when caring for a terminally ill dependent, leave for armed forces reservists, disability related special leave, career breaks and paid leave to support the electoral process.
• An enhanced work life balance including agile working, part-year working, compressed hours and flexi time where appropriate.
• Access to numerous salary sacrifice schemes including home electronics, car lease and gym membership.
• Access to physiotherapy, counselling services and eye tests for VDE users through our Occupational Health Service.
• Access to an extensive wellbeing programme including access to a 24-hour employee assistance programme for you and your immediate family.
• Access to Mental Health First Aiders.
• Ability to join staff network groups to meet and share information and raise awareness and include, Black and Minority Ethnic network, Disabled Employee network and LGBT+ network
• Ability to join a trade union.
• Access to a staff travel scheme.
• Access to learning and development opportunities including a comprehensive corporate induction programme, access to e-learning, an annual performance appraisal, upskilling apprenticeships, access to Learning Resource Centres
• A rewarding and most importantly access to a challenging career.
Additionally, we also offer you retail discounts on hundreds of the UK’s high street and online retailers including travel, dining out, mobile and broadband from the point of receiving your offer of employment
Why work for us?
We strive to be an organisation where equality, diversity and inclusion is part of who we are and how we work and where every member of our team is treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where you can bring your whole self to work and succeed in being your best.
Our people deliver amazing services, initiatives, and projects to benefit the lives of our residents. They also develop, manage, and maintain the City’s vital infrastructure and public spaces that our societies and communities rely on.
If you want to become an integral part of the team to make a citywide difference for our residents and visitors, then we want to hear from you.
For more information on the post, contact Amanda on Amanda.email@example.com
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form. Before completing the form please ensure you read the supporting documents.
Any communication sent to you regarding your application will be sent to the email address you have set up on your Northeast Jobs account, so you will need to ensure that you check your inbox.
Advert extended for a further week, closing 26 November 2023
This job is closed for applications.