DBS0430 Senior Landscape Architect
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£46,464 - £51,515 pa
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Any location within North Tyneside
A varied and stimulating workload awaits a talented and experienced Landscape Architect to lead a diverse portfolio of projects, including public realm, recreation, education, regeneration, community, and residential projects. Knowledge of current planning policy relating to landscape architecture is required as the role includes assisting planning colleagues with major and minor planning applications and other landscape matters including Tree Preservation Orders and the North East Community Forest.
The successful applicant will require a relevant professional qualification or Chartered Membership of the Landscape Institute as well as effective communication skills for participation in a number of design teams, where you are required to promote the skills offered by a Landscape Architect.
The successful applicant should be familiar with Autocad, NBS, Biodiversity Net Gain and have good graphic and presentational skills. A valid driving license is essential.
If you consider yourself to be suitably experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated this could be the job for you.
As an employee of North Tyneside Council, you will feel valued from the moment you join us. We have a comprehensive induction process to ensure you are supported in your role from day one and our experienced and approachable management team will support you to achieve your professional goals.
In return for your valuable contribution, you will have access to our excellent employee benefits package.
The salary is £46,464 - £51,515 per annum.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and a Standard DBS disclosure will be required.
For further information please contact Sharon Mackay: email@example.com
Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
- A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
- A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays.
- Annual pay increments up to the top of the salary grade.
- Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
- Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform.
- Supported career progression.
- Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 spa and over 250 classes every week
- Credit Union Savings Scheme Further information about eligibility can be found on our Benefits and Rewards page on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.