Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/11/2023 23:59
N5 £26,873 - £28,770 per annum (Actual salary £23,075 - £24,703 per annum)
Schools - Support
Benfield Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 4NU
This post is term time only plus 5 training days.
We are seeking an individual with experience working with children or young people within secondary education, who can support the Head of Year to implement innovative and evidence-based strategies, interventions and systems to impact positively on key pupil outcomes.
We are looking for a someone who can inspire and influence and who:
Benfield School is a fully inclusive 11-16 school it has a distinct ethos with strong sense of support and loyalty. Excellent relationships between students and staff and a purposeful learning environment is evident in lessons and around the modernised site. With this foundation, students have a strong platform to be confident, happy and are able to achieve their aspiration.
- Has experience working with children with social, emotional or behavioural difficulties.
- Is able to relate well with young people to form positive relationships to improve behaviour and attendance.
- Has an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision on your own initiative and as a member of a team.
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East. We have a national research school, which aims to build and strengthen networks of schools throughout the region and help them access effective education research and implement it in everyday practice.
In return we offer:
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification and click 'apply now' to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Thursday 30th November 2023.
- Great opportunities for continuing professional development and a career pathway across the trust.
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
- The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
- Membership of Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Recognition of previous service with other schools, academies, local government etc.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required as part of pre-employment checks. For shortlisted candidates, we will conduct an online search as part of our screening.
This job is closed for applications.