General Teaching Assistant, Key Stage 2
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/12/2023 09:00
£15,981.00 - £16,246.00 Annually (Actual) Salary based on Grade C/D, Scale Point 03-04; FTE £22,737 - £23,114
Schools - Teaching Assistant
About this Role:
The purpose of this post is to work with teachers to support teaching and learning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direction of teaching staff, and may be responsible for some learning activities within the overall teaching plan with access to support and guidance as required.
Hours of Work: 30 Hours Per Week (8:30am - 3:30pm); Term Time Only (39 Weeks Per Year)
Position Type: Fixed Term from 01 January 2024 until 31 August 2024
Position: Key Stage 2 General Teaching Assistant
Travel Required: No
Our growing school requires a creative GTA who can come any join our KS2 team for January 2024. This is an exciting opportunity to come and join a supportive, hardworking team in our forward thinking school.
The successful candidates will:
• Have an understanding of how to enable children to learn, including those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities
• Be able to work as a member of a team to support children and their families
• Have an excitement and proactive, positive approach to supporting children’s learning and development
• Have a commitment to providing the right support to the most vulnerable children by contributing to support plans
• Have high aspirations both for themselves and our children
• Have a passion for learning
• Be proactive and dependable
• Have strong interpersonal skill and a positive outlook
• Have experience of working in KS1 or KS2 and have a good understanding of children’s development and how to support them moving forwards
• Be able to work with individuals and groups of children within a classroom setting
• Be will be willing to undergo further training as required
In return we can offer you:
• The opportunity to be part of a happy and effective staff team.
The salary is dependent on current qualifications and experience, please see the attached job description for more information.
Please complete the online application form to apply for this role:
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. You should use the information supplied with in the Job Description & Person Specification to make the best of your application by identifying some specific pieces of work you may have undertaken in any of these areas.
Your application may be viewed in regard to some or all of the skill specific areas over the course of the selection process. Applications via agencies will not be considered.
Interviews will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
The Areté Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a safer recruitment process which includes enhanced criminal records and barring checks, scrutiny of employment history, robust referencing and other vetting checks.
Our safeguarding system is underpinned by a range of policies and procedures which encourage and promote safe working practice across the Trust. On joining you will be required to undergo continuous professional development to maintain safe working practice and to safeguard our children and young people.
This job is closed for applications.