Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/11/2023 23:59
£37,336 - £41,418
Social Work - Adult Service
Eddie Ferguson House, Blyth
Social Worker, Adult Social Care - x1 permanent, part time position over 3.5 days (26.25 hours/per week) – Blyth Team, Eddie Ferguson House?
We have started on a new journey in social care within Northumberland, with restructured teams creating a new platform which aims to give even better support to vulnerable adults and their loved ones in the County.
As part of these changes, we are looking for an experienced Social Worker to join our Care and Support Team based in Eddie Ferguson House.
About the role:
- As a key worker for adults with care needs over 18 years of age, you will be the main point of contact for advice and support for them and their families.
- You will also lead in ensuring their safety in their day to day lives and to help them live as full and independent a life as possible.
- The role will include responsibility for completing Care Needs Assessments, taking into consideration Safeguarding, reviewing the need for continuing healthcare and promoting self-directed support. You will also complete Mental Capacity Act Assessments.
- You will work within a Care and Support Team alongside Social Workers and Care Managers and link closely with GP practices, community health services, district nurses and the voluntary sector.
- You will need to have a strong commitment to enabling and empowering service users to live independently in the community and help them think creatively about how they can do that. There will be a focus on managing risk and ensuring service users are protected from significant harm.
- You will need to be able to work well as part of a fast-paced team and well independently and have good time management skills and an ability to prioritize workload.
- You will need strong advocacy, communication and IT skills. Full training and IT training will also be given.
This position is NCC Band 8 salary - £37,336 - £41,418
- Degree in Social Work
- Due to the nature of this role, it is an essential requirement that the post holder has a valid driving licence and has access to a car they can use for work purposes.
For further information please see the attached job description and person specification attached.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Julie Burrows on firstname.lastname@example.org
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email email@example.com or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
British Sign Language: northumberlandcc-cs.signvideo.net
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service dial 018001 01670 623930
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.
This job is closed for applications.