Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral) - St Peters Catholic College
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/11/2023 09:00
£58,959 - £65,010
Schools - Leadership
Required: As soon as possible
Salary: L10 - L14
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St Peter’s Catholic College, Normanby Road, Middlesbrough, TS6 6SP
St Peter’s Catholic College is looking for an inspirational and highly effective Assistant Headteacher to lead on pastoral care.
We offer the opportunity to work in a high quality, vibrant and caring environment where we share a rich vision for our pupils and for the communities in which we work. St Peter’s Catholic College is part of the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, a family of 38 schools, and a vibrant Sixth Form College. With more than 12,300 pupils and 1,500 staff, NPCAT is now one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK.
St Peter’s Catholic College is now rated ‘good’ in every Ofsted category. Ofsted, quite rightly, agree with our position that the school has improved because of the actions leaders have taken. Ofsted have commented, “St Peter’s is an inclusive school and leaders are proud to serve the pupils who attend”. Our mission statement ‘one faith, one family, one future’ is at the heart of everything we do as we look to celebrate the god given talents of all of our pupils. The quality of the education we provide reflects an ethos that affords equal opportunities to all, regardless of faith, race or gender. We are a school with high expectations and aspirations for all pupils and we celebrate our commitment to inclusion. We look to appoint an energetic, dedicated leader to support us on the next phase of our journey to outstanding.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
- Has a commitment to Catholic education and would play an active role in living out the mission statement of the school.
- Is an existing Assistant Headteacher or an outstanding middle leader with a proven track record in leading a year group/Key stage with vulnerable pupils.
- Promotes high expectations and will help our children to thrive in a culture that builds resilience and instil a sense of pride in what they achieve;
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who motivates and inspires children and staff;
- Is creative, forward thinking and has proven experience in leading and managing areas of school development for example attendance.
- Is an excellent communicator, with good interpersonal and organisational skills, able to confidently deputise for the Headteacher;
- Can form a strong partnership with the leadership of the school and other leaders within the Trust;
The School offers:
- A strong, supportive ethos
- Happy, enthusiastic and friendly pupils
- Highly experienced and talented colleagues
- Excellent professional development and progression opportunities across our 38 schools
- Supportive trust board, governors and parents
Candidates are warmly encouraged to contact the school for an informal discussion about the post and/or tour of the school with the Headteacher. Please contact the school office on 01642 453462 who will arrange this.
Closing date: Wednesday 29th November 2023, 9am
Interviews: Friday 1st December 2023
Please refer to the back cover of the application pack for details of how to apply for this position.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
This job is closed for applications.