Headteacher - Collingwood School and Media Arts College
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/11/2018 12:00
£71,053 - £82,293
Schools - Teaching
Collingwood School and Media Arts College
Collingwood School & Media Arts College
Group 5, Special School of approximately 147 pupils aged 2 to 19
Individual School Range L25 - L31 (£71,053 to £82,293 per annum)
Required to begin from 23rd April 2019.
Our students, staff and governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Headteacher to lead and be part of a committed and highly skilled staff team.
Our school is proud of an ethos based on shared ownership and sound financial management in which students, parents, and staff are valued and respected.
We need our Headteacher to have:
- A clear vision for the future of this successful school and an enthusiastic,
empathetic and inspiring approach to leadership and management.
- A passion for creative and inspiring teaching and learning and an
understanding of the contexts of education in a successful all-through
- A clear focus on the progression of each individual student.
- An understanding and empathy with the complex learning difficulties of our
students ensures that each one of them does reach their full potential
- The ability to engage families and a range of professionals in our students'
In return we offer you:
- A lovely, happy school with students who are motivated, well behaved and
eager to learn.
- A strong, skilled and highly committed team of teaching and non-teaching
- Strong relationships between pupils and staff which ensures that all pupils
are well supported.
- Very supportive governors and well established partnership working.
- The opportunity for on-going personal and professional development
- A nice office, desk and a comfy chair and a shoulder to lean on.
Whilst there is no formal teaching commitment, governors would encourage their new headteacher to undertake some teaching activities.
Visits are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Maureen Spence, School Business Leader to make an appointment. - telephone 01670 516374.
The school is committed to the safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Application forms and further details obtainable by downloading an applicants pack and sending your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed forms must be submitted by noon on Friday 2nd November 2018.
This job is closed for applications.