Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/12/2021 23:59
Grade 11 £33,782 to £37,890 p.a.
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
The Construction Consultancy Services (CCS) team provide client-side construction consultancy services across a range of professional disciplines to deliver capital build projects and programmes of all sizes, value and complexity on behalf of Durham County Council.
The team operate a blended approach with internal and external design teams and construction partners selected to suit each projects needs; with a designated project lead facilitating the process to achieve goals and success criteria in line with the RIBA stages of a project lifecycle.
The overall objective is to support the Council in improving the built environment to benefit the residents of County Durham.
The team and has a full and varied portfolio of projects which includes the construction of a major strategic employment site; construction of major highway junction improvements; management of bridge structural works; a rolling programme of new build and refurbishment projects across the school estate; a continuous programme of capitalised maintenance condition works; public realm improvements; the construction of the new headquarters and office accommodation fit out of a further 4 buildings; highways infrastructure works; the new build and refurbishment of a number of leisure centre buildings; implementation of sustainability projects including solar farms and LED lighting retrofits; zero carbon depot refurbishment projects; house building/plots; flood defence works; capitalised maintenance works including boiler replacements and electrical rewires; and PFI contract management.
Staff are experienced in NEC and JCT contract administration and many are accredited PRINCE2 Practitioners. The team hold a diverse range of professional accreditation and chartership including IHE, CIOB, RICS, CIAT and RIBA.
Professional disciplines and services provided by the team cover:
• Construction Project Management
• Quantity Surveying and Accounts
• Contract Administration
• Construction, Design and Management
• Programme and Project Support
• Architectural Building Design
• Mechanical and Electrical Design
• Building Surveying
• Clerk of Works
• Building Condition Surveys
The team requires a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to manage a portfolio of work, working closely with clients, end-users, designers, project managers and quantity surveyors to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to quality standards.
This is a new post in an expanding team.
In the role of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for:
• The provision of mechanical and electrical design to ensure maximum, efficient and effective use is made of resources available.
• Carry out the CDM Principal Designer role when M&E consultants are appointed on a design only basis.
• Acting as project lead on certain projects, managing the delivery of technical teams and the required outputs in accordance with the client brief.
• Involvement in the production of tender documents and Employer’s
Requirements, and evaluation of tenders.
• Contract administration of specific projects where required.
• Appointing and managing consultants, both in-house and external.
• Delivering and implementing projects to the required time, cost, quality, scope, benefit and risk performance criteria.
• HNC in a Building Services related subject
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant building related subject
• Membership or Associate of a relevant Professional Body
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Paul Wilkinson, Construction Consultancy Service Manager on tel. no. 03000 268128 or email email@example.com
It is anticipated that interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams on Thursday 16 or Friday 17 December 2021.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the jobs portal or for further assistance contact Payroll and Employee Services on telephone no. 03000 263154 / 264469/ 264086 or email PESREG@durham.gov.uk
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
This job is closed for applications.