2 x Teaching Assistant with 1 : 1 Support – Temporary - Prudhoe West Academy
Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/07/2023 12:00
SCP 3 – 4 £11,078 - £11,279 per annum
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Prudhoe West Academy
Prudhoe West Academy, West Road, Prudhoe, Northumberland, NE42 6HR
2 x Teaching Assistant with 1 : 1 Support – Temporary
23 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time plus 5 days (39 weeks)
SCP 3 – 4 £11,078 - £11,279 per annum (£20,812 - £ 21,189 pro rata)
Required to start September 2023
Vacancy reference – PW/1:1TA/248273
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team of professionals. This post is temporary position to provide support for pupils within Prudhoe West Academy.
You will perform a key role in supporting the children’s learning and meeting their needs. You will work directly with the pupils, prepare the resources, 1:1 curriculum delivery and work on areas of Passport to Learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training.
• Be willing to help with self-care skills if needed.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be able to use ICT to support learning
Experience in working with children with specific medical needs/SEN would be beneficial.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate team, in WISE Academies.
• Exceptionally enthusiastic children and families who love WISE Academies
• A creative environment that supports and enhances our vision and inclusive ethos.
• An attractive and well-resourced school in the heart of its community
• A commitment to managing staff workload and well-being at all times.
• On- going commitment to your professional development
The mission of WISE academies is to provide a high quality educational community, which offers life-changing opportunities in a safe, creative and exciting environment.
WISE Academies set high expectations for staff and students in order to meet our mission and raise standards.
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service clearance. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Trust is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from as diverse a group as possible.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Wise Academies will also consider carrying out an online search for all candidates to help identify any potential issues that are publicly available online.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the U.K.
You can apply online by clicking the APPLY NOW button on the right hand side and following all the steps.
For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070125 [option 5] or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon on Tuesday 25th July 2023
This job is closed for applications.