North Tyneside Council is looking to recruit a Media and Communications Adviser for up to 12 months (maternity cover).
The post holder will support the delivery of the council’s communications strategy, and provide strategic communications advice to protect and grow the reputation of North Tyneside Council.
Key duties include:
• To develop, manage and deliver communications strategies and plans for key projects and/or service areas.
• To work closely with other council services to identify communications opportunities and risks that might affect the reputation of the council.
• To protect the council’s reputation through an integrated internal and external communications approach that meets the requirements of the Local Government Act Local Government Publicity Code.
• To provide, alongside the rest of the communications team, on-call and emergency response communications support when required.
• To research, plan and produce articles and other written materials as required for internal and external communications purposes. This will include corporate publications, the residents’ magazine and other published materials.
• To provide support, advice and training to members and officers as required on internal and external communications issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with the media and responding to reactive enquiries, as well as developing proactive communications campaigns.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.