The successful candidate will be responsible for line management and supervision of South/Central locality admin staff who support Adult Services, reporting directly to the countywide Service Manager and with the support of countywide Admin Manager.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage a team of support staff, delegating work appropriately, providing clear guidance and motivating staff to achieve service objectives and quality standards. Respond to and ensure implementation of delegated duties from Senior Management, chasing up as necessary.
- Manage the induction, appraisal, training, development and performance of the team acting as coach and mentor as necessary. Assist with recruitment process for hiring new staff.
- Actively contribute to budget and project planning processes, monitoring progress against plans throughout the year with a view to achieving set business objectives.
- Develop, implement and maintain management information systems that support the aims of the service and the organisation.
- Manage and operate information systems such as service, client or asset records, booking systems and reference materials in a manner that ensures accuracy, confidentiality, rapid access and ease of use.
- Individually and as part of the team provide general office support; filing, handling mail, dealing with callers/visitors, filing, photocopying, collation, maintaining and issuing stock in accordance with corporate and service standards.
- Pro-actively assist with more complex support work to investigate, collate, record, manipulate, extract and distribute data in accordance with predetermined boundaries or as instructed.
- Provide support for specific professional, service led or high profile projects as directed.
- Maintain local and impress accounts in accordance with Financial Regulations.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities consistent with the nature, level and grade of the post.
The following vacancies in this role are available within the District Admin - Adult Services department:
Role / Grade - Office Manager / Admin Officer - L5
Contract Type - 12 months fixed term
Hours - 30 hrs - working days TBC
Team Name - District Office Admin - South/Central
Base - Eddie Ferguson House
Number of Positions - 1
Line Manager(s) - Natasha Dawson - Countywide Service Manager
And Claire Hunt - Countywide Admin Manager (Deputy)
Who are we looking for?
- A good general education demonstrating numeracy and literacy.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a business/administrative related discipline
- A relevant typing or IT qualification i.e. RSA Level 3, ECDL, or equivalent
- Considerable experience in a similar role covering a broad range of support tasks and procedures in a large complex organisation.
- Previous experience of effectively supervising staff.
- Advanced IT skills and extensive experience in using office applications on a personal computer.
- In order to meet the requirements of this post it is essential you are a car driver.
- You must be able to meet the physical demands of the role as well as adhering to GDPR and Data Protection Act.
- You must have the ability to work outside normal working hours if the role requires
For any informal enquires about this role, please contact Natasha Dawson, Service Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or Claire Hunt, Admin Manager, on email@example.com
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) - up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
British Sign Language: northumberlandcc-cs.signvideo.net
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service dial 018001 01670 623930
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications