Skip to content
View All Jobs
Advanced Job Search
Association of North East Councils
Cleveland Fire Brigade
Coast & Country Housing
County Durham Housing Group
Darlington Borough Council
Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
Durham County Council
First Class Supply & Training
Hartlepool Borough Council
Middlesbrough Schools & Academies
NECA - North East Combined Authority
New College Durham
Newcastle City Council
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
North East Regional Employers Organisation
North Tyneside Council
Northumberland County Council
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South Tyneside Council
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Sunderland Care and Support
Sunderland City Council
Tees Valley Combined Authority
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Your Homes Newcastle
How to use this website
The recruitment process
How to apply
Hints & tips
Frequently asked questions
About this site
Our Talent pool
Eligibility to Work
Quick Job Search
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Arts / Tourism
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
Catering / Cleaning
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Environmental Health / Trading Standards
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Executive / Managerial
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Fire and Rescue (On Call)
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
Fire and Rescue (Wholetime)
Health and Safety
HR / Training
Manual / Trades / Transport
Marketing / Media / Communications
Planning / Building Control
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Schools - Support
Schools - Teaching
Social Care - Adult Service
Social Care - Children Service
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Select a job category
Previous 24 hours
Select a date period
Up to £10,000
£10,001 to £20,000
£20,001 to £30,000
£30,001 to £40,000
£40,001 to £50,000
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text
Advanced Job Search
You are here:
Apprentice Outdoor Education Tutor x 2
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
122.10 per week
Hours per week:
Derwent Hill - Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5RD
Apprentice Tutor - JD 2016 (3).pdf
Apprentice Tutor - PS 2016.pdf
50051429 - PG.doc
Derwent Hill Outdoor Education and Training Centre
Portinscale, Keswick, Cumbria, CA125RD.
Job Title: Apprentice Outdoor Education Tutor
Location: Derwent Hill, Keswick, Cumbria CA12 5RD
Duration of post: 1 year
Salary: National Minimum Wage for apprentices: £122.10 per week
(new rates will apply from October 2016 but are not yet published)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week over 5 days, annualised
Some weekend and Bank Holiday working is required
Derwent Hill Outdoor Education & Training Centre is seeking to appoint an individual with the aptitude and ability to undertake an apprentice programme of on and off the job training and to gain experience as an Outdoor Education Tutor.
• Learn and develop the necessary skills and experience to assist in the delivery of safe, high quality outdoor education and training courses for children, young people and adults.
• Gain great experience of working in a number of different areas within an Outdoor Education Centre, including maintaining outdoor equipment & supporting venue staff.
• Get support to help achieve an NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership.
• Attend relevant training and assessment courses including National Governing Body awards.
• Receive In house training and development.
• Board and Lodging in single rooms - free of charge in return for programmed evening and overnight duties.
Applicants should meet the following person specification:
Minimum age 18 years on start date
Personal strengths including:
• Positive outlook
• willingness to work independently
• Being helpful and cooperative with others
• Easily accepting other people
• Commitment to self-development.
Experience / Knowledge
• Regular experience of outdoor adventure activities on both land and water
• Working or volunteering with young people (e.g. mentoring at school, young leader in a sports club or scouts)
• Understanding of the environmental issues involved in Outdoor Education
Appling for the post
Please tell us as much as you can about yourself in particular:
• Any volunteering or paid work
• Clubs that you have been involved in e.g. Scouts, Guides, Sports Clubs
• Events that you have contributed to e.g. Theatre production at school or charity fund raising
• Any personal outdoor qualifications e.g. BCU star awards, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
• Any instructor qualifications or training courses
In order to meet the funding requirements for this post you must not have previously obtained a Level 4 qualification (e.g. Degree or HND).
In addition to working with groups in the outdoors, they will contribute to a rota of evening and overnight on-call duties for which In addition, Board and Lodging in single rooms is provided free of charge.
Apprentices are expected to live in.
Application closing date: 31st October 2016
Please note that if this vacancy attracts a high number of applicants, we will
close applications early and without notice.
Interviews to be held as soon as possible with the intention of an early start date.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Derwent Hill safeguards students & staff by being committed to Sunderland Safeguarding Board procedures.
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil. For further assistance contact the HR&OD Recruitment Services Team by Telephone: 0191 561 1755 . Email:
Please note that CV’s are not acceptable.
All communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your invitation to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox regularly for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised that if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted.
Back to top
Terms and Conditions