Assistant Headteacher - Berwick Middle School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/02/2019 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Berwick Middle School
Required from September 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 25th February 2019, 12 noon
Interviews w/c 4th March 2019
Berwick Middle School is looking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Assistant Headteacher to join our thriving, growing and successful school.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding and creative teacher
• Have an excellent understanding of the pedagogy and principles of primary or secondary curriculum
• Be enthusiastic about nurturing confident and independent learners.
• Inspire and motivate colleagues to achieve their full potential
• Be committed to our inclusive ethos.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills.
The Job Description attached is open to some negotiation subject to specialism and skills of individual applicants.
At Berwick Middle School, you will benefit from becoming part of a school that:
- Is a key member of the Berwick Schools Partnership, integrating children’s needs across their entire school career.
- Is one of the “Ponteland Partnership Teaching Schools Alliance”, spreading excellence throughout the county of Northumberland.
- Is at the heart of the local community. Benefitting from close ties to local arts and sports initiatives, Berwick Middle offers an array of “enrichment” activities and purpose-build science and gymnasium facilities.
- Has a vibrant, warm and welcoming ethos, situated in a picturesque and historic seaside town – yet only one hour from Edinburgh and Newcastle.
Berwick Middle School is a “Good” school (OFSTED 2017) catering for children from 9-13 years of age. We have high expectations of all of our children, both in their learning and wider development, and are seeking dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic teachers to join us as we progress towards “Outstanding” status.
Visits to the school for prospective candidates are strongly encouraged, so please contact our Office Manager, Susan Fraser: 01289 306140 to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail, no later than midday on 25 February 2019. Successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually to inform them of their interview which will be held w/c 4 March 2019.
School Name: Berwick Middle School
Full address: Lovaine Terrace, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland.
Postcode: TD15 1LA
Tel.: 01289 306140
Website address: www.berwickmiddleschool.org.uk
This job is closed for applications.