Breakfast Club / After School Club Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/09/2018 22:59
£16,495 - £16,755 per annum, pro rata (actual salary: £6,933 - £7,042 per annum)
Hours per week:
18.75 hours per week
Schools - Support
Sacred Heart Primary School, Convent Road, Fenham, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 9XZ
Sacred Heart Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Part time (18.75 hours per week), term time only
Fixed term for one year initially
The Governors are seeking to appoint a friendly and creative play worker to join our team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff. We are currently looking for a Play-worker to join our fun filled breakfast club & after school club, Sophie’s for children aged 3 to 11. The hours of work are Monday to Friday, breakfast club hours are 7:45am - 8.45am and after school hours are 3:00pm till 5:45pm.
We are looking for:
• an enthusiastic, active, motivated person looking for a fun and challenging job working with children
• a friendly person who is able to get on well with people
• a good communicator who can work flexibly within a supportive team including talking to parents
• You will be expected to support the Catholic ethos of the school
We can offer you the opportunity:
• To work in a very happy, vibrant and successful Catholic school
• To be part of an enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff
• To work with highly motivated, friendly and polite children
• To contribute to an inclusive school, where every child matters
• To be part of an active and supportive school family, including – governors, parents and parish community
Application forms and further details must be downloaded from our school website. Applicants must complete a CES application form. Applications must be returned in the form of a hard copy (not by email) addressed to the Headteacher c/o the school address. Please ensure correct postage is paid.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and be successful against a range of other recruitment checks. As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Visits to the school are very welcome and encouraged. To make an appointment telephone Mrs A Ayre on 0191 2746695.
Closing Date: 25 September 2018
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually to inform them of their date and time for interview.
This job is closed for applications.