The Directorate of Corporate Resources has an opportunity for a suitably qualified and/or experienced person to join the Assets Management Team and be part of the CCTV Service to ensure the proactive monitoring of the CCTV system for suspected terrorist, criminal and anti-social activity, undertaking both intelligence–led and targeted surveillance and reporting / recording incidents or evidence captured on camera.
The successful candidate will be expected to follow strict compliance of statutory legislation relating to CCTV, evidential information and operational processes and to act as a ‘Data Controller’ as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 and to comply with the CCTV Code of Practice, and Operational Control Room procedures, service standards and management records.
Other duties include:
• Responsible for ensuring that all CCTV systems are operating effectively at all times and that they are compliant with Home Office guidance and recommendations.
• To action the various key-holding and response procedures; generally ensuring an effective service, including the maintenance of appropriate records.
• Operate both radio & telephone links to contact partner agencies, and liaise on actions to be taken in response to activity seen on the CCTV monitors.
The successful applicant will work 26.25 hours per week on a shift pattern covering 24 hours per day, 7 days a week over 365 days per annum under the supervision of the CCTV Supervisor and will work closely with the Police as a strategic partner, other directorates, service managers and service users.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic person with a proven track record of administrative and organisational skills. He/She will have good written and oral communication skills and have the ability to develop good working relationships both internally and externally with others in order to achieve service delivery targets.
This is a fixed term post up to March 2017.
For further information contact Mrs Keren Harrison, CCTV Supervisor tel: (01642) 302770.
Redcar & Cleveland Council have an attractive benefits package including:-
- Generous annual leave (minimum 28 days)
- Flexible working hours
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Family friendly benefits
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Discount leisure facilities
As per its Pay Policy Statement published under section 38, Localism Act 2011, in the absence of any exceptional circumstances which render it necessary in the best interests of the authority to do so, the Council will generally not re-engage any individual whom has previously been employed by the Council and left that employment with the benefit of a severance, early retirement or redundancy payment.