Care Assistant (R0000071)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/08/2018 23:59
Hours per week:
34 hours per week
Social Care - Adult Service
Department: Specialist and Lifelong Services
Service Area: Adult Social Care and Health Integration
Salary: GBP 18,319 pro rata
Hours: 34 hours per week
Contractual Status: Permanent
For reasons of privacy and decency this post is restricted to male applicants only, as the role requires the delivery of direct personal care for male residents.
Are you looking for a new opportunity, one that will broaden your skills and knowledge? If so then we are interested to hear from you.
Applications are being invited from individuals who have some experience supporting and working with people with Autism / Aspergers in either a day care / school or community setting. Individuals will need to become an active part of a focused Person Centred team based at Sandringham House and be able to show a commitment towards service development.
We are looking to balance out the male /female staffing compliment as we have a number of male service users who would benefit from some additional male support.
We are seeking individuals who are well motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, creative and who are able to use their own initiative to enhance learning disability services. The role will incorporate:
• Working directly on a day to day basis supporting adults with various autism/aspergers needs
• Using Person Centred approaches to help develop and assist with personal life skills learning and development
• Undertaking keyworker responsibilities
• Be able to cope with demanding and challenging situations, including an ability to manage behaviours
• Activity care planning and supporting daily activity programmes for service users
• Engagement and participation in Community activities
• Be able to use their own initiative to enhance services for people with autism
• Competent IT literacy and numeracy skills so as to be able to complete report and records.
• Be expected to work closely with the Sandringham satellite team, partners and associated professionals around establishing a flexible timetable.
• Have an QCF 2 (or equivalent ) in Care
• Achieved a good standard of education to GCSE or equivalent.
• Knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with autism /aspergers
• Have some understanding of the principles of Person Centred Planning
• To demonstrate an ability to exceed professional standards and act as a role model to others
You will also be required to work a flexible rota, which may include evening or on occasions weekend work .A full UK driving licence is a desirable requirement of this post.
The above post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: Monday 20th August 2018 by 12 midnight.
This job is closed for applications.