Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/10/2023 12:00
MPS – UPS (£28,000 - £43,685)
Schools - Teaching
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Front Street, Stanley, Co. Durham DH9 0NP
St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic Education trust in the North East of England with a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive and growing team.
St. Joseph’s is a happy, welcoming, successful and forward-looking Catholic school. We have an excellent reputation in the local community, with fabulous children who enjoy learning. The school is seeking to appoint a talented, committed and enthusiastic teacher to join our dedicated and dynamic team.
We have 2 full-time teaching posts available (initially in Nursery and Year 4) from 01/01/2024.
We are looking for a self-motivated Class Teacher who will:
• Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school;
• Have experience teaching within the primary age range;
• Be committed to raising standards and have the ability to drive and accelerate progress ensuring that every child reaches their potential;
• Be an outstanding, reflective classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupils' behaviour and achievements;
• Be creative, enthusiastic, flexible and work well as part of a team;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to engage positively with all members of the school community;
• Have a desire to be involved in the full life of our Catholic school.
We can offer:
• A strong Catholic ethos, rooted in Gospel values;
• Enthusiastic and friendly children who are keen to learn in a kind, caring and supportive environment;
• A supportive management team and Local Governing Committee;
• A culture of improvement in all facets of school life.
The successful candidate will have:
• A very good knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum areas and the relevant statutory and non-statutory curricular / frameworks;
• The ability to design and teach effective lessons and learning activities across the relevant curriculum, age and ability ranges including personalising learning to meet individual needs;
• An understanding and ability to set realistic and challenging targets and be able to assess and review learners’ progress;
• A very good, up to date working knowledge and understanding of teaching, learning and behaviour management strategies;
• A very good knowledge of current legislation, policies and guidance on the safeguarding of learners and the promotion of their well-being.
How to Apply:
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website. To apply online please click 'Apply Now'.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Mrs Cowan in the school office to arrange this.
Closing date: Thursday 12th October 2023 12 noon.
Interview date: W/C 16th October 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.