Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/10/2023 23:59
£28,000- £38,810 per annum
Schools - Teaching
St Mary and St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School, Stella Lane, Blaydon, Gateshead, NE21 4NE
Location: St Mary and St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School, Stella Lane, Blaydon, Gateshead, NE21 4NE
Grade: MPS 1-6 (£28,000 - £38,810 per annum)
Hours: Full time, Temporary Maternity Cover (ending on 31st December 2024 or, return of substantive postholder whichever is sooner)
St Mary and St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest Catholic education trust in the North East of England and will have a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
We are seeking an individual to:
• Take responsibility for a class of children
• Direct and deploy other staff/volunteers, as required.
• Take responsibility for curriculum area/s, as required.
• Support the Catholic life and ethos of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
• High expectations of themselves and the children in their class
• Experience of working successfully in a primary school
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• The ability to work as part of a team and foster positive relationships with staff, pupils, parents and governors
• A strong commitment to safeguarding and wellbeing
• The determination to make a valuable contribution to St Mary and St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School with a desire to be involved in all aspects of school life
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact the school on 0191 4143116 to make an appointment with the head teacher via the school business manager – Theresa Costello.
How to Apply:
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website. To apply online please click 'Apply Now'.
Closing date: 11th October 2023
Shortlisting date: 13th October 2023
Interview date: 16th October 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.