Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/10/2023 23:59
M1 – UPS3 MPS – UPS (£28,000 - £43,685)
Schools - Teaching
St Godric’s Catholic Primary School, Carrhouse Drive, DH1 5LZ
Hours: Full time, Temporary (linked to Maternity Cover)
St Godric’s Catholic Primary School We are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England and will have a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated Class Teacher to join St Godric’s Catholic Primary School, Durham. The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, to work alongside our team in supporting our children to achieve their full potential.
We are seeking an individual to:
• Effectively teach to children in the foundation Stage (Reception Class)
• To ensure pupil achievement is secured and recognised
• To give advice and guidance to pupils by being available and approachable
• To support the school’s learning ethos and values
• To work closely and in partnership with the SLT to ensure the successful ongoing development of the school
The successful candidate will have:
• Ability to teach in a lively and innovative manner which engages the learner.
• Good classroom organisation and behaviour management.
• Good understanding of the teaching of Literacy & Numeracy appropriate to the age range
• A secure understanding of teaching phonics and early reading with experience of Read, Write, Inc.
• Good understanding of the teaching and progression of all curriculum subjects
• Evidence of successfully working in partnership with parents
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in a variety of situations
• Good organisational skills
• A commitment to safeguard the welfare of children
How to Apply:
To complete an online application form please click the ‘Apply’ button.
Closing date: Thursday 12th October 2023
Shortlisting date: Friday 13th October 2023
Lesson observation and Interview date: w/c Monday 16th October 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.