Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/01/2019 12:00
£35,229 - £37,107 per annum
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
“This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.”
The post on offer is based at the centre of the council in the Resources Directorate which has key responsibility for managing the Council’s money and people as well as ensuring that democratic decisions are well informed and legally sound.
This opportunity is for a suitably qualified and experienced person to effectively manage the commercial services element of Property Management in providing a top-quality service to our internal and external customers whilst making best use of resources available. The post holder is responsible for the day to day management of the commercial work on behalf of many different services.
The post holder needs to ensure that working practices are fully compliant with Council’s financial procedures and building legislation and is responsible for a very large budget.
The role will be expected to also:
• To ensure that the Council’s corporate Health & Safety policy is followed and training is undertaken in all pertinent health and safety procedures.
• Be responsible for developing, procuring and implementing building improvement schemes across the Council’s and third-party client properties.
• To ensure all building projects are manged appropriately, adhering to planning & building controls legislation/regulations, following compliance with Health & Safety and Method Statements.
• Manage the requirements under the CDM regulations and act as the lead on projects.
• To treat all information gathered for the Council and Directorate, either electronically or manually, in a confidential manner
• To ensure the highest standards of customer care are met at all times
• To ensure the principles of Value for Money in service delivery is fundamental in all aspects of involvement with internal and external customers
• To ensure that the highest standards of data quality are achieved and maintained for the collection, management and use of data.
The council is an accredited Investors in People employer at gold level and holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
This job is closed for applications.