Community Careers Advisor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/11/2018 23:59
£13,596 (£22,660 pro rata)
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Newcastle upon Tyne and South East Northumberland
At Northern Learning Trust we aim to improve the potential and raise the aspiration of people through learning. Much of our work is with vulnerable and disadvantaged people and communities with complex needs. We use informal learning and mentoring to build confidence and skills, and help people find solutions to their problems.
To ensure that our beneficiaries have access to high quality, responsive Careers Information, Advice and Guidance to enable them to make progress, we are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Careers Advisor to work on our National Careers Service sub-contract in Northumberland and Newcastle. You will hold or be working towards a minimum Level 4 qualification in IAG, be experienced in delivering careers advice to adults and able to organise your own work load to ensure project targets are achieved.
We are passionate about the work we do and need a person who understands our values and believes in our mission. In return we offer you the opportunity to join a forward thinking and supportive organisation at an exciting stage in its development. We value our team members and offer a competitive salary, flexible working patterns and a friendly, supportive work environment.
To provide face to face Careers Information, Advice and Guidance to adult customers in a range of community settings to enable them to make informed career decisions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Community Careers Advisor will:
• Deliver information, advice and guidance on all matters relating to learning and work including employment, education and training in 1:1 or group settings, using appropriate resources and tools
• Achieve a range of set quantitative and qualitative targets using a case load management approach, utilising the customer management system effectively; actively steer the customer journey
• Determine the most suitable media for customers and signpost to specialist partners where appropriate
• Proactively develop local area expertise in order to provide a bespoke service to the customer
• Ensure all delivery evidence is complete and compliant in line with contract and quality standards and that all customer records are accurate and handled in accordance with appropriate confidentiality and data protection legislation and guidance
• Continuously track the customer journey in order to achieve all relevant contractual outcomes using all available interventions including social media, email, SMS. Ensure all interventions are recorded on management information system
• Take a proactive approach to developing working relationships with colleagues and other professionals including provision of feedback, agreeing priorities and reviewing arrangements.
• Commit to CPD as necessary in order to support a high standard of delivery
• Identify and investigate new business venues and work with local managers on implementation
• Any other duties commensurate with the role as required
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st November 2018
Interviews will be held Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th November 2018
This job is closed for applications.