DBS1642/22 Admin Assistant - Denbigh Community Primary School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£17,408.66 - £18,433.13 pa
Schools - Support
Denbigh Community Primary School, Denbigh Avenue, Howdon, Wallsend, NE28 0DS
The Governors and Headteacher of our Outstanding School are seeking to recruit an Admin Assistant to join our busy office team. Previous experience of SIMS would be an advantage although training can be provided.
You must be professional with staff, pupils and parents at all times and be able to work accurately under pressure and within timescales. We are a friendly, inclusive school and the office can be very busy, so a good sense of humour is a must!
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Update manual and computerised record / information systems
• Assist in managing the school’s email inbox, ensuring the school meets its expected response times and emails are forwarded to the relevant staff member as necessary
• Manage and organise completed forms from parents
• Update and maintain the school calendar
• Organise and distribute incoming and outgoing post
• Provide administrative support to staff as needed
• Carry out filing, printing and photocopying.
• Maintain the operation of the photocopiers to ensure they are ready to use at all times, resolving any issues as necessary
• Assist with organising parents’ evenings and other meetings and events, including the organisation of rooms and equipment, and providing refreshments as required
• Act as the first point of contact for parents and visitors arriving at the school
• Keep records in accordance with the school’s record retention schedule and data protection law, ensuring information security and confidentiality at all times
• Deal with telephone and face-to-face enquiries efficiently and in a professional and supportive manner
• Seek support from colleagues where necessary to respond to complex enquiries
• Assist staff and pupils with the information and support they need.
The hours of work will be 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Thursday. 8.30am – 4.00pm Friday (37 hours per week). The post is term time only over 195 days, fixed term for 1 year to commence 1st September 2022. To be reviewed.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Job Packs are available from school by emailing email@example.com.
You may also request a Job Pack to be picked up at the school office by phoning 0191 2622509.
Please note CV’s are not accepted and all applications must be submitted on the correct form.
Closing Date: Midday, Friday 8th July 2022.
Denbigh Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
Denbigh Community Primary School
Howdon, Wallsend NE28 0DS