Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/06/2020 23:59
£ NJC G+/H (Dependent on experience)
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Redcar & Cleveland
Galileo Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint a full time Finance Business Partner to work across the Trust from September 2020.
The Galileo Multi-Academy Trust is a group of ten primary schools across the Redcar & Cleveland area.
To support the Chief Financial Officer in ensuring financial integrity and probity is installed and maintained across the Trust, while providing excellent business partnering and training to all 10 schools within the Trust.
• Drive Central Finance Team Action Plan to ensure delivery
• Responsible for compiling month-end accruals & posting journals
• Ensure the preparation & distribution of timely and accurate monthly management accounts to an agreed timetable
• Preparation of variance analysis each month end, and update financial forecasts
• Preparation of a Financial Summary on a monthly basis contributing to the overall Financial Reporting pack for the Board
• Review trends and challenge current performance, identifying risks and opportunities
• Ensure best finance practice across the Trust
• Ensure robust financial controls are embedded within each of our 10 Schools
• Assist with internal and external audit, and delivery of action plans
• Lead a Trust led robust training programme for all School Business Managers on all financial elements of their role
• Facilitate Business Manager’s surgeries and advise on financial queries
• Communicate clear deadlines to School Business Manager’s, ensuring delivery of Trust goals
• Assist CFO with Cash Flow reporting & budgeting
• Review and assist with year-end statutory reporting
• To perform regular audit checks Schools, to ensure compliance across the trust
• Offer expertise & guidance on all DfE & Local Authority funding streams
• Support on any agreed ad hoc project work as required, including the production and monitoring of financial policies and procedures
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced check.
Candidates should be aware that all posts within Galileo Academy Trust involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children and young people, although the extent of that responsibility will vary depending on the nature of the post.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position with Galileo, please complete the Galileo Application Form and return the form to the below contact:
Name: Sarah Hindmarch
CVs will not be accepted in place of a completed Application Form.
Candidates who are selected for interview will be informed following the shortlisting process and full details of the interview will be provided. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date of the position, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will seek references on shortlisted candidates for Trust based positions and may approach previous employers for information to verify experience or qualifications before interview. Any relevant issues arising from references will be taken up at interview.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th June 2020 (Midnight)
Position to commence: 1st September 2020, or earlier
This job is closed for applications.