Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/12/2023 23:59
N11 £52,566 - £55,840 per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week or open to discuss flexible working options with candidates.
Schools - Support
1 Hedley Court, North Shields, NE29 7ST
We are looking for a forward thinker to join our trust as the lead governance professional with the ability to strategically lead and shape our governance service and develop our new team. You may already be in a governance role or looking for your next career move to build on your experience in the education sector.
You will ensure that the trust’s governance framework, which is supported by incredibly committed stakeholders, operates as a coherent whole, in keeping with our vision and values and sector standards of ethical leadership. You will work collaboratively with the chair of the trust board, committee chairs and leaders across the organisation, enabling effective governance and ensuring statutory and regulatory responsibilities are met.
We are an exciting and innovative organisation where we do things differently, aligned to our shared purpose and core values. Our trust is a collaborative partnership of six primary and secondary schools with imminent plans for growth, a national research school and we also operate a trading subsidiary company, making the role both diverse and interesting.
Knowledge of the multi academy trust sector is not essential, but you must have a passion for education and improving the life chances of our learners and communities. A range of induction and training programmes and professional subscriptions are available to support your development on the governance professional career pathway.
In return we offer:
Your working hours will include some evenings to attend planned meetings/events with occasional travel within the region also required.
- Collaborative networks of colleagues across the trust.
- A welcoming, friendly, hard-working and committed team of colleagues whom, at all levels, are dedicated to making a difference to the children in their care.
- Competitive pay and conditions.
- Real opportunities to progress your career.
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pensions Scheme which the trust also contributes to on your behalf.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), delivered by Health Assured – the UK and Irelands leading wellbeing provider.
- Good public transport links via Tyne and Wear Metro and road links from the A19 and A1058 Coast Road.
Like to find out more about this unique opportunity? Please contact Suzanne Hendey, the current interim postholder, on 0191 2284090 for an informal discussion.
Interested in applying? If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying Person Specification and Job Description and complete an application form by clicking ‘apply now’ no later than midnight on Thursday 7th December 2023.
Interviews are expected to be held on Thursday 14th December 2023.
This job is closed for applications.