Headteacher - St Leonard's RC Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/02/2019 23:59
£47,501 - £64,736
Schools - Teaching
St Leonard's RC Primary School
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
in partnership with Sunderland Local Authority
St. Leonard’s RCVA
Tunstall Village Road, Silksworth
Sunderland SR3 2BB
Tel 0191 521 0300
Required September 2019
Group 2 L8 (£47,501) - L21 (£64, 736)
Due to the recent retirement of the Headteacher, the Governing Body of St. Leonard’s RCVA Primary School are looking to appoint a strong leader to this Group 2 school situated in Silksworth, adjacent to the parish church, and at the heart of this local community. St. Leonard’s is a welcoming and inclusive school. The school is part of Monkwearmouth Catholic Partnership. An informal partnership of two secondary schools and nine primary schools situated within central Sunderland. The school has strong links with the local authority and two local National Teaching Schools, St. Cuthbert’s RCVA School (primary) and St. Anthony’s Girls’ Catholic Academy (secondary) as well as the Diocesan wide family of schools.
The successful candidate will:
• be a practising Catholic with a sound understanding of the distinctive nature and ethos of Catholic education;
• have a track record as a both class teacher and a leader;
• have high aspiration and the ability to manage change successfully;
• lead by example and have high expectations with regard to attainment, progress and behaviour;
• be passionate about developing teaching and learning and delivering a broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum;
• manage resources efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school;
• enhance strong links with the parents, parish, the local and diocesan family of schools and the wider community within the city and beyond.
In return we will offer:
• a supportive and aspirational governing board;
• a warm and welcoming school community;
• a community united in their desire to learn and improve together;
• the opportunity for continuing professional education working with Monkwearmouth Catholic Partnership schools, local National Teaching Schools and the wider Diocesan family of schools.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, by arrangement.
CES Application Forms and further information are available from our website www.stleonardsprimary.org.uk
Application forms should be e-mailed to the Business Manager, Mrs. C. Herron at email@example.com or posted to the above address.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 15th February 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 19th March 2019
The governing body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The Headteacher will ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job is closed for applications.