Learning Support Assistant (Sessional)
Casual / Seasonal / Bank / Permanently Variable hours
As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/08/2018 22:59
£17,972 - £19,446 per annum, pro rata
Hours per week:
As and when required
Newcastle upon Tyne
This post is sessional, hours are as and when required depending on service requirements.
Newcastle City Learning is seeking to recruit sessional enthusiastic and innovative Learning Support Assistants to compliment and develop the delivery of our provision for people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and have expertise in working with learners with LLDD and supporting a curriculum which is learner and outcome focussed.
You need to be familiar with person centred planning and Individual Learning Plans and have the ability to be innovative with supporting learners within the classroom and place of work. This post requires you to be able to prioritise and organise your time in addition to working alongside tutors to ensure positive relationships and the development of the service.
Newcastle City Learning has high expectations of its staff and learners. We expect staff to:
• uphold Newcastle City Council and Service values
• set consistently high expectations of learners and strive to improve outcomes
• establish a positive environment for learning which generates high levels of engagement and commitment to learning
• ensure learners make rapid progress based on their initial starting point
• ensures learner attitudes and behaviours are consistently exemplary
• be well-qualified, highly skilled and with the confidence to be ambitious for their learners
• understand and be confident with target setting with learners and use them to plan learning
• develop proficiency in using iPads and other technologies in the classroom
• consistently embed wider skills including English, maths, ICT and digital skills, British Values, PREVENT, equality and diversity to ensure that learners maximise their understanding and application within their working and personal lives
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk
This job is closed for applications.