Level 3 SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 04/10/2023 23:59
Grade E, SCP 8-11 (£22,777 - £24,054 per annum, pro rata)
Schools - Support
St Alban’s Catholic Primary School, Rothbury Avenue, Pelaw, Gateshead, NE10 0QY
At St Alban’s, we aim to provide a stimulating learning environment in which each child feels valued and can fulfil their academic potential. We have designed our provision to develop the moral, emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of our children at each stage in their development. We are focused on living out our mission, ‘Jesus said, ‘I have come so that they may have life and have it to the full’.’
We are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England with a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
We wish to appoint a committed, well-qualified and highly effective Level 3 Teaching Assistant to support a child with an EHCP on a 1:1 basis.
We are seeking an individual who will:
- Have experience of working 1:1 with children with social, communication and emotional difficulties
- Be able to improve the communication and interaction needs of the supported child
- Be able to support the emotional and sensory needs of the child
- Be able to support engagement and challenge the cognition and learning of the child
- Be able to work on child’s EHCP targets
- Have experience of working closely with class teacher/SENDCO and other professionals
- Be flexible, pro-active and hands on
- Have vision, energy and enthusiasm for this challenge and has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Be experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
- Support the Catholic ethos of our school
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with SEN support
- Experience of teaching individuals and small groups
- Experience in planning learning for individuals and small groups
- Experience of working with children with general and specific learning difficulties
- The ability to use skills, expertise and experience to support pupil learning
- A caring and positive approach to children to ensure all pupils achieve their very best
Please refer to Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
How to Apply:
For an application form and further details about this vacancy please visit our website. To apply online please click 'Apply Now'.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th October 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 11th October 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.